Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 1

After a nightmare journey lasting 24 hours I successfully arrived in Ghana at 7 this morning and arrived at the hostel. I was pleased to hear that they had run out of water...welcome to Ghana!! So decided to get myself in some cool clothes since it is soooo humid! Then, I got my first taste of how fantastic Ghanaian people are. I asked the best way for me to get a SIM card for my phone. Right away, I was walked to the tro tro (minibus that fits as many people as possible on). Then when reaching my destination, the gentleman couldn't get me a SIM card for my iPhone so paid for my tro tro and came with me to the mall. If I can say ANY first impression of Ghana it's that Ghanaians will go to any length to make sure you're ok and happy. Happiness is why this country is magic.
I am already in love with the people here and am shocked by the happiness considering the poverty. I can't imagine I've seen anything yet as it is only my first day yet I'm shocked by the happiness people show even when they're coming our of their shack for a home.
I'm now in the local drinking a local beer which is fantastic and watching the Africa cup of nations football with the locals! I couldn't ask for more.
Will update quite a lot in the next 2 weeks as am exploring alone so am making he most of it! Keep checking on here! And lastly I want to say thank you to the most amazing family and boyfriend, in the last 2 days I've been through probably some of the hardest times I'll ever have and your support has reassured me that I'll be fine and I'm doing the right thing. Right, enough of the emotion.
I love you all,

Siwan Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment